Thursday, November 17, 2011

A Dedication to A Dear Friend

This doesn't have anything to do with Indy media, rather a huge supporter of everything indy related.  Kevin Michael was a staple of the basement of Park.  His larger than life personality was one that was an inspiration to all.  He was never afraid to treat his students like adults, like we were his colleagues and we were solving a problem together. The countless times he stopped my tears with a funny story or a story to put my tears into perspective made him a wonderful friend. 

Kevin Michael also appreciated Indy Media.  He helped independent projects for students any chance he got.  He saved my show more times than I can possibly count.  Kevin loved student media.  He knew how important it was.  He knew that we became better at our jobs and we would always be there because of student media.  Kevin is the reason I stayed at Park.  He also thought that everything dealing with school was stupid because classes interfere with education.

More than once he encouraged me to skip classes to go hunt down a story or dig further into a piece I was working on.  Usually after this class I'd go down on Thursday and sit and talk to him and learn so much.

Today it kills me that he won't be there and I went to his memorial and not to his office.

So Kevin, Park pushes on with out our best assest.  We miss you.

No comments:

Post a Comment