Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Funding

I think we should fund Brittany's online magazine "Charm." First off, I see a huge whole in the market and she's really hit a perfect target audience.  There's no magazine for women who are just graduating college and just starting careers.  These are the women who don't need "recipes your kids will love" and "how to relight the romance on your 10th wedding anniversary."  I think that having it online will allow it to reach a wider audience.  I know that I would read this magazine and I know many women who would read it.  I think that she’s got a great plan for expansion and for it to become a real power house.
            However, I’d like to see the name changed.  I know the definition of charm means what she wants it to, however the connotation doesn’t.  Charm makes it should like just another women’s magazine that’s about sex and impressing men.  I think this is one that we’d have to take to a naming company because I’m not exactly sure what to call it.  We want it to sound fun, not dowdy but at the same time it should reflect a level of professionalism. 
            I’d also like it to eventually move to being a print outlet.  I think this is something that could be a definite kind of “beach read” magazine.   So I’d like to see a physical copy should the magazine expand enough. 
            Overall though, I think she’s got a ready, willing and asking audience.  Not only that she’s got a fantastic plan.  Her magazine is one I’d like to see produced.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment