Sunday, December 4, 2011

Defunding Public Broadcasting

Our government is sensitive, perhaps too sensitive.  They get so offended by every bad thing that some out about them.

Which is why I feel Public Broadcasting does work here.  Take NJN for example.  My governor (who I openly hate and am not allowed to do stories on) Chris Christie made one of his plans of actions after destroying teachers was destroying NJN.  I liked NJN because NJN News made sure to tell everyone how Christie was trying to destroy NJN and was probably NOT the best choice to be governor or president while everyone cheered him on.

I see many merits in Public Broadcasting.  I think that a lot of times we see our news being clouded by advertisers.  If your funding is through donations and maybe a government grant then you don't have to worry about an expose on a used car dealer who is selling dangerous cars losing advertisers.

There is a place for public broadcasting and I think it's stupid that governors like Christie would think it ok to something like defund them.  I understand NJ's financial situation, but to be honest the double dip pensions and unnecessary transportation are really causing problems...not a station run by donations and the government.

No comments:

Post a Comment