Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Occupy Wall Street, Occupy College?

So I just read this piece on occupy college.  It's interesting because I haven't heard exactly what we're supposed to be protesting.  Lack of freedom of speech on college campuses?  The debt we're facing?  Bad professors?

It's pretty unclear and nobody seems to know.  According to their website it seems to be that we have a lot of debt, not a lot of opportunities and no lobbyists to fight for our rights. 

Interesting.

So the plan is to walk out of class at noon at the local time of your college.  I'm not exactly sure how walking out of our classes will start a movement. The thing is it isn't doing anything, so professors can't teach and you miss out on a day of education.  At least with Occupy Wall Street those on Wall Street have to look at those who are affected by their choices.

While Ithaca College isn't scheduled to participate in this, my class ends at noon, so I guess I'll be walking out.

No comments:

Post a Comment